Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tues 10 August

As mentioned previously, the place I travel to twice a week because of teaching (Jemeppe-Sur-Sambre) has a rather bare and run down train station. When catching the train home, I'm usually the only person on my side of the platform heading back towards Mons. I'd always wondered what would happen if there were any long delays as there is no electronic information board, and a ticket office which never appears to open. However, recently, someone somewhere, has been starting to make train announcements. I therefore feel in the rather privileged position of seemingly having the announcements made solely for my benefit. Now, if I could track down the person who was making them, maybe they could start personalising the announcements: "Salut Ben. Ça va? Donc, ton train est à l'heure. Super, eh? Bonne journée et à jeudi, Ben!" That would be nice wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment