Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sat 22 May - Namur

The place I always struggle to pronounce correctly. Now, I think of how we you say manure and it makes it a lot easier. If you're not from or live in Belgium you will have no idea what I'm talking about.

Spent the day here. A wonderfully warm late Spring's day. I found Wallonia's capital to be a very chic and stylish looking place. The main shopping street could have been any street in any British city, but the narrow, windy ones were a delight. Endless boutique shops and cafes, and the place generally looking a lot wealthier and smarter than Mons. Less dog crap on the pavements too. Ahh, the things I look out for!

Had a walk around the citadel too; one of its main attractions. It was okay. Nothing to write home about.

Definitely somewhere to return to, with a view to paying the museums and galleries a visit next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment