Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sat 2 Jan

Went to our local cinema again. They show films in their original language with French (and Dutch) subtitles at the bottom of the screen. Very handy for French practice though. Especially, when trying to see how they translate our swear words. The cinema is very similar in purpose and idea to Bristol's wonderful Watershed. They showcase mainly independent, non-blockbuster films in a nice, comfortable, middle-class setting. My kind of place. These places are treasures in my eyes.

Anyway, saw a 'rom-com:' "500 days of Summer," which I (to my amazement) really enjoyed. This does seem to be a pattern with me. I go into something expecting not to like it, and end up being pleasantly surprised. Oh the joys of being a 'glass is half empty' kind of guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment